Thursday, September 25, 2008

One More Reason to Educate Voters

Using his brilliant powers of deception - excuse me, deduction - Congressman Alcee Hastings (D-FL) argued today that because she carries "guns and strip[s] moose" Sarah Palin "don't care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks."  Putting aside the grammatical error (which I'm sure was used solely for dramatic emphasis), I'd truly like to understand this statement.  I mean, basically, this guy is saying that a knowledge of firearms equel anti-semitism and a hatred of blacks.  So, continuing this man's thought process, it would be fair to say that the entire United States armed services is really a front for the Aryan Nation?

Hastings attempted to clarify his statement as simply a comparison between Jews and blacks:

"Just like Jews, blacks care about affordable health care, energy
independence, and the separation of church and state," said Hastings.
"And just like blacks, Jews care about equal pay for equal work,
investment in alternative energy, and a woman's right to choose."

This may (or may not; seeing as how Hastings is apt to create broad generalities based on insubstantial evidence) be true, however I am sure that Jews and blacks care about national security, self-dependance, and a non-overreaching government as well, so it is just as likely that they should in fact be Republican.

Anyway, my point in all this is that I am amazed at how this idiot managed to convince people to elect him.  If this was my Congressman I would be asking for a refund.

0 comments:

Post a Comment